Thursday, December 14, 2006

What a week...


We started with my baby's 6th birthday. Abby is such an incredibly spirited and fun-loving little girl. She's so cuddly and affectionate - she wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a terrific student and loves going to school everyday. She like to sleep in, she loves to draw and write, and she's an animal lover. She lives for the moment - she's fully in to whatever it is that is happening right now. She's dramatic, emotional, and absolutely hysterical. Her deep brown eyes sparkle. She likes to swim like a fish in the bathtub, sing with the radio (she's got her mother's "skills"), and cuddle with daddy. She is a gift from God and I cannot imagine my life without her. Her smile brings joy to my heart.
The week, however, took an ugly turn when Tammy informed us later that night that their kids were vomiting (Tyler threw up at Culver's on Sat. night). They passed the torch to Daryl, who blew chunks all night on Sunday, and then Adam joined the action on Monday afternoon. By this point I was sure it was coming for all of us and the outlook for survival was bleak. Fortunately, the kids and I were spared.

Did I mention that Monday was Tammy's birthday? That's right - she spent her birthday caring for three sick kids and a sick husband. That HAS to be the worst birthday ever. So, we decided to postpone her birthday until everyone was healthy enough to actually help her celebrate it properly.


Speaking of my friend Tammy, I'd like to take this oppurtunity to make sure that everyone knows what an incredible person she is. I know I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again. I could not do life without her. She is the most sensitive, caring, supportive friend on Earth. She loves on my kids when I'm at work like a second mom, she holds me accountable when necessary, she monitors our marriage faithfully, and she puts up with me. THAT says it all right there. She's an incredible woman of God and lives it everyday. She sets an example that I aspire to. I pray that our daughters grow up to be just like her (with just a bit of me thrown in there for a little excitement!). I'll never understand how I was lucky enough that God would put her in my life, or how she can stand to be around me most days - she's basically my polar opposite - organized, considerate, thoughtful, insightful, and so much more. I just hope a little of it wears off on me from all of the time we spend together.

Tuesday and Wednesday were work days, but that didn't stop the excitement. I get a call from Tammy at work yesterday and she reports that a high-speed chase just ended in her backyard. That's right - a real, live episode of COPS right here in Granger, IN. Check it out: here and here.

Can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings...

2 comments:

  1. s is SO grown up! She is a doll! Tell her "Happy Birthday" from her great Uncle Mark (and you can take that "great" any way you want....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an "Abbs" at the beginning of that last post... NOT a single "s"....

    ReplyDelete