Have you ever opened the closet and thought, "I have nothing to wear." That's not to say that there's nothing in the closet - far from it. Plenty of stuff in there. But none of it appealing in any way whatsoever. That's where I'm at lately. I've got a few pairs of jeans that I could live in, but nothing to wear on top. Unfortunately for me, the weather's getting a little chilly for that fashion statement. And I have no intention of being arrested for indecent exposure.
The month of December is already flying by in a blur. Abby's 6th birthday is this coming weekend and I'm not at all prepared. Ok, I've got her "number 1" gift, but other than that - not ready. The house needs to be cleaned (when doesn't it), groceries bought, activities planned, cake baked... and have I mentioned that this is Thursday night? The party is on Sunday (the day of her birthday) and we've got a packed-full schedule from now until the morning of. I work tomorrow, GCC Christmas party tomorrow night, GCC Food Drop Saturday morning, pine car derby with the kids on Saturday afternoon, church Saturday night. This isn't going to be easy. The worst part of it is that I'd really like to be able to relax and enjoy this time - preparing for such an event should be fun and memorable. That's what I want for her. I think the biggest issue is procrastination. It's my middle name.
Have I mentioned that I have only barely started my Christmas shopping, haven't given cards a second thought, and we don't even have the lights on the tree yet...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62SUfLfO6tM
ReplyDelete:) :) Thanks for the congrats Becky!! I've been in withdrawl - especially after seeing all the new arrivels pouring in post after post in the past month plus.... *sigh*
ReplyDeleteI can relate to the shopping. We too, have the "Number 1" gift for our girls (assuming Lincoln Logs & Mr. Potatoe head go over well!)but that's it.
Take care & see ya soon hopefully!!