Saturday, May 20, 2006

Family Night

Adam and I considered going to opening night of "DaVinci Code" - definitely got to see that. However, we decided to make the most of family night and take the kids out to the opening night of "Over The Hedge." We jumped into Adam's bus and headed to Showplace 16. We dumped some cash at the counter and Abby's made a dash for the concession counter. Nevermind the fact that we had just gotten up from the dinner table... Two slushies, a bag of popcorn and a cherry coke later, we headed toward the theatre. This movie was so much funnier than I expected - I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while! As is often the case, it's not the main characters that provide the most entertainment. The hyperactive squirrel, Hammy, is hysterical, and the family of porcupines with Yooper accents about pushed me over the edge (no pun inteded!). The story itself wasn't much - it was definitely the one-liners that did it for me. The moral of the story definitely a good one, though, and I think they did a good job making it understandable, even for young kids. I would definitely recommend this one - it's a blast!

1 comment:

  1. I'm ready to see it, but I'm afraid X-Men will have to take precidence... After all, who could pass seeing an all-blue Kelsey Grammer.

    ReplyDelete