
The month started a little rough when Abby decided to try doing the "terrible two's" at age 5. She never really did this when she was younger. I guess she figured she'd missed out on something. We're working on nipping this in the bud. In fact, since I took these picture during her fit and then showed them to her, we haven't had another incident. We'll see if that did the trick.

The McMullens, Manns, Ruths, and Verduins joined us for our annually Easter egg dying night. Sure to be messy, loud, and exhausting, but also a load of fun!

Some of the finished product. Way cool!

Easter Sunday was spent with our GCC family at the Volheims home - a tradition for many GCC staff families that we truly look forward to every year. Miss Claudia (Volheim) and Miss Sheila (in the photo) are Jacob's teachers in the Penguin room. He was thrilled that they sang Happy Birthday to him (along with everyone else present) in celebration of his birthday (the following day). I think he really believed we were all there just for his birthday! I hope he did.

Can you believe that all of these kids come from only 3 families??? Even better: we can only claim TWO! What a good-looking bunch of kids!!

The tree in front of our house is the subject of much debate around our house. I have to fight to keep it around. Adam claims that it's dead and the sourse of all big, black ants that keep invading our home each Spring. This photo is my proof that the tree is, in fact, not dead, and even if it is worthless the other 51 weeks of the year, the one week that it looks like THIS makes it completely worth keeping around.

Jacob, at his birthday dinner at the restaurant of his choosing - Applebee's. He ordered chicken fingers, but he really wanted to eat MY shrimp! His favorite part, no doubt, was the hot fudge sundae they brought him for dessert.

I don't know at what point during the day Jacob disappeared and changed into his Spiderman costume. All I know is that he was dressed normally one minute, and the next I realize he looks like this. That's my boy. He planned the entire party, from the guest list to the food to the activities. I think he really had a good time, and that's all that matters to me.

After the party, we noticed Abby and Allison in the backyard, exploring. Adorable girls in a beautiful, natural setting. Nevermind the fact that Abby happens to be wearing Jacob's new Batman swimming goggles. Why, you ask? Try WHY NOT??
Well, it's about dang time you updated this BLOG. I was going through withdrawel!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see your clan is doing great!
Patty