Seriously, I don't know. For Pete's sake, it's almost been a month. April highlights:
- Spring break
- Abby lost another tooth
- Easter weekend (and more than 10,000 people at church that weekend!)
- Our best friends sold a house and bought a house and then moved
- Jacob and Abby are using their new, big-kid bikes and we can now take family bike rides!
- Jacob turned 7 (wow, I'm old. the subject of a future post) and we had a cool Spiderman birthday party. Jacob would want me to mention that he got everything he wanted for his birthday, including a new bike, a desk, a tent, a HUGE spiderman, really cool Batman goggles and fins, a subscription to Spiderman the comic (he's been checking the mail daily!), and (possibly his favorite) a Target gift card, with which he picked out a Spiderman Lego set. Quite a haul for such a small person. The highlight of the day for me was cuddling with Jacob on the couch and watching the videos from the early months of his life. He was so enthralled with watching himself as a baby, and he got very emotional and cuddly with me while we watched it. It made me really miss those "baby days", but I have the best 7 year-old son in the world, so I wouldn't go back for anything!
Now the month is almost over. I also should mention that it's officially Spring and that the trees are budding, flowers are blooming, grass is green and there are twitterpated bunny rabbits taking over the neighborhood. There's nothing quite so funny as watching bunnies chasing each other around the back yard for hours on end. I love Spring.
We didn't buy or sell a house in the last month. How could you have been confused. I even called Faith to double check.
ReplyDeleteUh oh, maybe you weren't talking about us. That would mean, oh no, that we aren't your best friends. The pain, it is too great! And you revealed this on a blog? The embarrassment...the shame. I can't bear to go on.
What you need to understand is that they pay a hefty fee for that position on our list of friends. You are more than welcome to attempt to outbid them as we are always re-evaluating in an effort to remain "fair and balanced."
ReplyDeleteIn fact, if any of you out there would like to take a crack at it, all gifts and donations should be made to our home address. Please ensure that your name is included somewhere so that proper credit can be given (again, fair and balanced).