So, Jacob comes home from school today and walks down the stairs to where I am sitting at the computer. I give him a big hug and we talk a little about his day. He turns around and starts to walk up the stairs to get his homework and he breaks out into song..."I like big butts and I cannot lie..."
After I got up off of the floor, I asked him (calmly - I know you don't believe me), "Jacob, where did you hear that song?" He thinks a minute..."I don't know. Maybe at Grandma's?"
Thank you to my PIT DT friends who helped me figure out tonight that it was in the movie Shrek that Jacob and Abby watched on TV last night...clearly a lapse in judgement on my part. Revoke my parenting license now.
And thank you to Sir-Mix-Alot for the classic song "Baby Got Back." Where would our society be today if not for quality lyrics like those??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And who says kids don't pick up stuff just from a "harmless" little "exposure" to fine (cough... gag) rap music?
ReplyDeleteAhhhh. Rap music: the finer things of life (cough... gag... again).
It's bound to happen. I'm sure you handled it just fine (as long as you didn't hurt yourself hitting the floor).
tee hee:)
ReplyDeleteah.. memories of senior prom.. :) I was the only one who didn't know the words to the song. Now that I do.. I wish I didn't, LOL
ReplyDelete