Monday, November 21, 2005

I'm around - just not a whole lot to say. At least, not a whole lot good. This last week was rough. Lots of work issues that I didn't want to have to face - lots to think about. None of it pleasant, really. Thus, blog silence.

One highlight of the week, however, was joining Adam for a GCC staff outing up to meet Rob Bell at his church, Mars Hill (near G.R.). Fascinating. I really enjoyed what he had to say - almost all of it deeply thought-provoking. We had two hours with him, and I went in thinking that he'd have something prepared to share with us. Maybe something he'd been told would be appropriate for our group, or whatever. Nope. He walks in the room, sits down on the stool and says, "So, what do you want to talk about?" Silence. I'm pretty sure most of us were just stunned speechless. We had two hours to ask him any question we wanted - nothing off limits. He told us about his new books that will be coming out (that are still in the formation stage), what he does with his free time, what his schedule looks like, what he thinks about hell, missions, how he runs his church, things he's learned, where he grew up, etc. Definitely worth the trip up there, as well as the broken-down bus on the way back. Ever seen 76 people pile into one tour bus? It's an interesting site...trust me.

Another highlight was a trip to Ikea on Saturday. I love Ikea. I could spend A LOT of money there. If I had any. Instead, we spent someone else's money - which is almost better, except I don't get to keep all the stuff! ;) So, there's my week for you - a lot of bad, some good, and some other stuff. So far, this week's looking a lot better!

3 comments:

  1. Hey beck. You might want to change the link on my blog. I had an issue with the last one, lol. I hope something fun happens that you can blog about soon :)

    ReplyDelete