Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Hello Prema!
I found out not too long ago that my good friend, Prema, has been reading my blog! Prema is an incredible woman whom I had the pleasure of meeting on my second trip to India. We keep in contact through email and by sending little gifts and letters with teams that have since travelled back and forth. I am very excited to say that it looks like I'll be returning to India in December of this year as a member of GCC's "Justice Team" - yes, that's right - I'm in the Justice League. haha. I'm really excited about this opportunity to return to a land and people that I have come to love very dearly. My time with Prema and her sister Aroma were some of the most precious of my life. I don't know of a time I've felt more loved and provided for than when in the care of these wonderful women. I'm equally excited about the opportunity to make a difference in such a meaningful way while we are there. We don't have specifics yet, but the overall goal is to bring attention to and come to the aid of women who are sexually exploited in their workplace. Imagine choosing between starvation for yourself and your family or a job that brings in a paycheck, but at the cost of your body and whenever your employer feels the urge. Say no and lose your job and any hope of supporting your family. It's wrong, and I'm happy to be able to do anything I can to bring an end to it. And I'll be thrilled to see my good friend Prema while I'm there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love Prema! I'm so excited for your return trip to India - take tons of pictures (like I really need to remind you of that...) :)
ReplyDelete