Monday, December 17, 2007

Day 2

Left Aunt Eileen's at about 9:30am PST - right on schedule. Started heading East and eventually found the desert. Spent some time there. Found a cool outlet mall. Lots of mountains, cacti, and mile markers. Incredible sunset. Got to Grandma Barnhart's around 6:30 and hung out with her and Aunt Barb and Uncle Jon. It was good to see Grandma after so long - sure wish she was closer! She's never met Abby, and only met Jacob when he was a baby. I wish they could know her, and I know she would LOVE them. After about 3 hours of catching up, Katie and I hit the road again, heading north to Flagstaff. About 30 minutes out we ran into our first snow of the trip. None on the roads, just on the ground on all sides. The stars were INCREDIBLE. Glad to get to the hotel - I need some more sleep! Check out some more pictures here.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are having a good time. I miss you. Be safe and enjoy every moment!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh. Phoenix! Wish we coulda been there with you. We need to all get together again... although, now everyone has kids (grandkids, etc.) and the group would be MUCH larger. But as they say, the more the merrier (and who are "they", anyway?).

    Keep the updates and photos coming! Enjoy! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete