Sunday, November 11, 2007

Keith Urban

Adam put together a little surprise getaway for me last week with an overnight in downtown Indy and the KEITH URBAN concert! I absolutely LOVED the concert when Tammy took me for my birthday - we had a BLAST hanging out together and watching the best singer and performer I have EVER seen! Unfortunately, she and I thought we wouldn't be allowed to bring cameras to the concert, so we didn't. Wrong! I was SO bummed that I could have had pictures but didn't... So, this time around, you better believe I had my camera with me!

Adam and I left for Indy on Thursday morning after getting the kids off to school and throwing some stuff into an overnight bag. We had a great drive down, just being together and listening to Keith (had to get in the zone!). When we got to town, we checked in to the Hampton Downtown and just relaxed for a while. After that we walked a block over to Circle Center Mall to kill some time before dinner. Fun place. I don't think I've been to downtown Indy since high school.

About 5:00 we headed over to our dinner destination: Ruth's Chris! We had never been to one before, so it was a totally new experience. When we were packing for the trip, I was a little freaked out about what to wear to such a place, so I checked their website. They recommend "smart casual" attire. Hmmm.... Not sure that I own anything in that category. So I tried to put something together that I thought would get me in the door. Once there, I felt completely comfortable in my jeans and sweater, and Adam and I had a few laughs over other people's apparent takes on "smart casual" - I remember hearing "dumb casual" and a few other remarks come out of Adam's mouth throughout dinner. TOO funny. We also enjoyed the older couple sitting in the booth next to ours as they requested steak sauce (SERIOUSLY??) and then proceeded to send BOTH of their steaks back to be charred a little more (I was honestly embarrassed for them). Other memorable moments included the "feeling of the bread", the "OH $@&%" look on the lobster that walked by, and the server offering to cut a woman's steak for her like she was a 3 year old... Good times. Good times. Oh, and the food was AMAZING!
After dinner we walked a couple of blocks over to Conseco Fieldhouse for the concert. The photos tell the story better than I can, but I will say that KEITH URBAN ROCKS!! Serious skills. He's so fun to watch, in so many ways! ;) This concert was almost identical to the one in Moline, and every bit as enjoyable. I would go again tomorrow if I had the chance. And again the night after that. Seriously. If you're tempted to write off my review for the simple fact that I'm mildly infatuated, think again! My wonderful husband recently started blogging (mostly about his work world, but occasionally hitting on personal life) and he had quite a bit to say about the concert too. And he's not as prone to exaggeration as I am. Adam and I had a great time relaxing, hanging out, laughing, and just being together. How did I get so lucky??

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, Beck, that is SO cool!! Adam rocks! It looks like you both had an incredible time. Can't wait to see all of your pics and hear more about the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith who?




    Just kidding! Sounds great! Glad you guys were able to get some "couple time" in. Always important! Sounds like you had a fabulous time. Music makes the world go 'round....

    ReplyDelete