Monday, October 29, 2007

Katie's Visit

So, Katie got to come home for a visit last week. We picked her up from Midway on Saturday (the 20th) and then drove up to Gurnee to pick up Steve's girls for a week-long visit, too. It had been about 2 months since they were with us last (long story, but you can pray for Steve and his custody hearing in January) so we were all really excited to see them again. Jacob and Abby had been crying for a visit with Adia and Tori for quite a while. The don't really understand why they aren't living with their dad... How do you explain something like that?

Anyway, on Sunday Mom, Katie, Steve and I took the 4 kids to the pumpkin patch for a hay ride, some pedal cart races, a pumpkin hunt, and a ride in a cow train (don't ask). We all had a great time and Steve and Kate had a little time for some deep thinking...

We got to have Tori and Adia over for a little while on Tuesday and the kids had a BLAST! They really love hanging out with their cousins, and the girls LOVE Murphy! They like chasing around with him and giving him hugs. When he starts pushing them around and knocking them over, they just giggle like it's the funniest thing ever, so Murph was in his glory. Just what he needs is a couple more kids to beat up on.

On Thursday we went over to mom's, sat in the hot tub on a nice, crisp Fall afternoon, had chili for dinner, birthday cake for Adia (belated) and just hung out for a while. The kids ran around outside like crazy people and wore each other out completely. My kids crashed hard that night. Then on Friday morning, my kids got to go to Grandma's for a little while to hang out with the girls for a little while before they left for Wisconsin. Mom, Katie and the girls went up on Friday to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa Horton before Kate flew out on Saturday (back to the land of blazing wildfires).

Before she left, though, Katie left me a little present. She broke out in a rash on Thursday, and by Saturday afternoon I had it, too. I encouraged her to see a doctor about it (I mean, after all, it was HER rash to begin with!) so that I could get an idea of what I was dealing with, without having to go to the dr. myself! She called back today to inform me that her quack California dr. says that she has the "Adult Chickenpox." Seriously??!?

I go to Dr. Riley tomorrow at 3:15. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. CHICKEN POX???!!! Whoa Nellie! It was probably something strange you were exposed to on the "Cow Train" (don't ask).

    I'm glad that you all had a great time. Wish we coula been there.

    We're praying for Steve and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just for the record he didn't call it 'the adult chicken pox.' he said, 'yeah, you have adult chicken pox.' less so a name, more so a state of ownership. anywho. all is well. prepare yourself... the meds are freakin expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take ENOUGH meds!!! Besides, I'n not gettin' no freakin' adult chicken pox because I ain't ridin' no freakin' "Cow Train".

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the record - I did NOT ride the cow train!!

    ReplyDelete