Friday, November 17, 2006

Ok...ENOUGH HARASSMENT!!!

I know. I've neglected the blog. No really good reasons - just the usual. Busy. Have I mentioned to ya'll that I'm technically responsible for the upkeep of SIX BLOGS, besides my own??!? That's a lot. Sure, they were kind of my idea. But the IDEA of keeping up six blogs doesn't sound like such a big deal...until you actually have to do it. Time consuming. But not just that, but I get to spend enough time with BLOGGER to become intimately familiar with all of it's...flaws. It's safe to say that the honeymoon period is officially over.

So, what's the latest? Jacob and Abby have been sick over the past week or two. Fevers, ear infections, sinus infections, antibiotics, and never-ending coughing. It's been a long week. Poor kids. It appears that we're coming to the end of the beginning of this season... FUN!

Most recently - I had the unusual opportunity tonight to be driven in a limo to go shopping and get dinner. Judy, a customer from the store with whom I've become aquainted, invited me to join her and a few of her other friends in this fun-filled evening. Apparently Judy also has some friends at Chicos clothing store - and they like her well enough that they nominated her for a "Random Act of Kindness" from the chain's national headquarters. They sent a limo to her house, the limo drove us to Chicos in Granger where we had a special, exclusive sale, and then the limo took us to get dinner and for a drive around town. The ladies chose to have pizza IN the limo and drive to the ND campus for some sight-seeing. It was a lot of fun - very kind of Judy to include me. I was able to buy some things for my mom that I would NEVER have been able to afford otherwise! AND, Judy bought me an adorable pair of colorful knit gloves - I love them!

I got home to a house full of kids - we have the McMullen's kids overnight so that Tammy and Daryl can celebrate Daryl's birthday together...alone. No, I have NO idea what they might be doing. Alone. Together. ;) HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARYL!!

Looking forward to the big 20th Anniversary service at church tomorrow - should be some BIG surprises and a lot of reminiscing, which is always fun!

2 comments:

  1. OK - sorry to hear about the six blog thing...but thank you so much for watching the kids :) we rented an old black and white movie and went to bed at 8:30 p.m. (at least that's my story)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six Blogs?!?!? For real?!?!? Are you getting paid for this?

    ReplyDelete