Thursday, October 5, 2006

When 2 becomes 7...

  • There aren't enough seats around the table to feed all of them at once.
  • I don't have enough spoons.
  • This:
becomes this:
  • An 8 passenger Suburban becomes a necessity instead of just being a "cool toy."
  • I'm constantly running the dishwasher.
  • I think I've changed more diapers today than I did the entire time Jacob and Abby wore them.
  • It takes an entire loaf of bread to make sandwiches for lunch.
  • I go through a gallon of milk in one day.
  • I hear a cry for help, or a "behavior report" (aka tattling) about every 32 minutes.
  • Markers have become contraband.
  • When I go out in public, people look at me like I am: A) Crazy, B) Brave, and/or C) Catholic.

So far all have survived. We'll see how the rest of the day goes. Tori is making "pushing" sounds as I type, so diaper #7342 is on the horizon...

6 comments:

  1. hmmmm - do I sense a little respect for ME???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have added Carter to your mix today...he would have loved the chaos. :)

    --jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wa, Wa, Wa. Will someone please call the Wambulance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty - I hate to sound callous, but you chose to have 7. I'm still questioning your sanity. ;) Besides, today I had SEVEN...age SEVEN AND UNDER!! At least yours were all spread out! :)

    Jami - I probably wouldn't have even noticed. Scary, huh?

    And, Tim - Let's basically DOUBLE your usual crowd, take Faith out of the equation, and see how you do! It's very easy to laugh from a safe distance away!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky...haven't commented in a while. Love hearing about the family. You're a great writer and humorist. Loved your (C) is for catholic quip...that was so you! Keep writting. You all are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do you really think they put closets in houses for? Not all the stuff, but for all the kids! (Just kidding to all you non-Holts out there who don't know that I'm kidding.)

    So what's next, lion taming?

    ReplyDelete